Wishing you all a very happy and healthy New Year!
DAVE MCGILLIVRAY, for Runner's World
Thanks for logging in to my Runner's World "Ask the Race Director" blog during 2013. I’m looking forward to a great 2014 and wanted to wish all of you a very Happy and Healthy New Year. I hope you have a strong and realistic list of 2014 resolutions and that you are successful at attaining all of them.
10. Do more random acts of kindness for people I don't even know and to continue to help those who are less fortunate.
9. Focus on and spend more time with my wife and kids, family and friends.
8. Help every person who reaches out to me and who needs my help.
7. Go to church more often.
6. Try, try, try not to worry too much about not being able to please EVERYONE...a huge flaw of mine.
5. Become as fit as any 60-year-old guy on the planet.
4. But, more importantly, become even more HEALTHY than I am fit.
3. Do my very best to help direct the 2014 Boston Marathon and to make it the most memorable experience and well-managed event for all involved and to never forget the victims.
2. To be at peace with all that I already have in my life.
1. Just to be as good a person as I can be.
Keep those comments and questions coming and hope to see many of you in Boston in April!