I previously wrote on the power of spectators, focusing on all the positives of attracting spectators to your event. However, there are a few areas we must consider when dealing with spectators along our course or even within the start or finish line areas of our races.
General Characteristics Needed
- Visualization - being able to visualize every aspect of an event before it happens
- Calm and quick thinking under pressure; patience
- Don't be intimidated by the challenge
- You need to be exceptionally well organized; being prepared; labor intensive; don't leave to race day
- Charisma and leadership qualities and ability to surround yourself with hard working, dependable and experienced people; trust (to a point), always follow up
- Great to be involved in a sport where you make people feel good about themselves